Star Citizen Patch 3.12.0b Hotfix
Alpha Patch 3.12.0b has been released onto the LIVE servers and is now available! Patch should now show: VERSION 3.12.0-LIVE.6787151. Database Reset: NO Long Term Persistence: Enabled Starting aUEC: 20,000
- When logging into some commodity and refinery kiosks, they can display incorrect Commodity Information and Prevent Sales
Workaround: Try other trade terminals at a different location. Test relogging and trying again. Area18 specifically will error and fail in the Admin Office trade terminals
- Illegal drug terminals are missing from their intended locations in rest stops
Workaround: We have temporarily added Slam sell inventories to two junk sites in the PU
- Selling commodities from personal Inventory causes a service error
Workaround: Make a commodity cargo box in a ship cargo grid and sell through the ship inventory.
- The mission named “ A Very Difficult Task “ automatically completes when accepted
- Select CRU series station external elevators are missing (CRU-L1 and CRU-L5)
- Attempting to sell minerals in Prison results in a Processing screen and then a transaction failed message
- The shopkeepers of both Live Fire Weapons and Garrity Defense are stood away from their desks
- Being arrested with both utility slots occupied causes the player to respawn in prison with a broken multi-tool
- Mission givers AI will break if a NPC sits in their designated seat before they do
Major Bug Fixes
- Bounty Assessment missions should now show correctly again and let the player progress into further missions after a player does a character reset
- After exiting Quantum Travel, the QT HUD on ships should no longer get stuck displaying while the QT drive is cooling down
- Ground vehicles should no longer take intermittent damage during travel across the surface of low gravity moons
- Players should now be able to activate mining consumables in the Mole using the inner thought UI
- Players should no longer gain a crimestat after completing bounty missions
- Fixed an issue causing ships to despawn after a player disembarks for a short duration
- Contract popups should no longer contain “mission(Title)” instead of the intended text
- Fixed 7 Client crashes
- Fixed 2 Server crashes
Star Citizen Patch 3.12.0a Hotfix
Alpha Patch 3.12.0a has been released and is now available! Patch should now show: VERSION 3.12.0-LIVE.6742772. Database Reset: YES Long Term Persistence: Enabled Starting aUEC: 20,000
- Balance pass on mission payouts to make them more rewarding
- Updated NorthRock group bounty price and made them local to systems
- Changed it so if a bounty hunter kills a PVP bounty the mission is withdrawn rather than failed for any other hunter players with that mission
- Added warning to refinery terminal letting players know that unselected materials from a ship will be discarded when creating a job
- Interim pricing adjustment on restocking ship ordnance (Missiles, torpedoes, and Countermeasures)
- Decreased min and max insurance claim wait times for non starter ships
- Made interim tuning changes to EVA movement that will allow you to turn more easily and also arrest any spin caused by collision more quickly
- Increased the drop shadow amount on the ship mining UI
- Updated settings steps in options menu for tobii eye head ratio to 0.01
Major Bug Fixes
- Ship Canopies should no longer open and close randomly without player input
- Fixed an issue causing the Talon engines to overheat and ship to lose power when powering up.
- Corrected the Constellation increase in hull health that came with 3.12.0 to the correct intended amounts
- Holiday boxes should now be able to be sold
- ASOP spawned ship assets should no longer load slowly when first connecting to a server
- There should no longer be 2 AI NPC’s standing behind the guild office desk at mining shop on refinery decks
- Fixed an issue that was causing some players to infinitely load while joining the PU
- Fixed an issue causing players to sometimes get stuck on the splash screen when loading into the game
- Fixed an issue causing some clients to not receive the full member list in global channel
- Fixed an issue causing Shadows cast by the light from the Stanton star to pop in and out while in cities
- The Talon weapon rack has should now have a prompt to close it after it has been opened
- Fixed an issue causing some players to see a pixelated film grain when it was disabled
- A blank contract available notification should no longer be displayed during game play
- Fixed visarea issues when using turrets in most ships
- Fixed the Pitch Ladder not being aligned properly in Mixed Mode
- Lorville cinematic music should now play correctly
- Player will now still send a video feed in a FOIP call if the player does not have a mic.
- Miles Eckhart will no longer have a long pause after the player sits down
- Fixed an issue causing certain keybinds to not be removable
- Assaulting Vehicle infraction should no longer be applied instantly so that it can be forgiven
- Numerous assets and structures should no longer fail to load in each of the classic race maps
- Account resets should no longer sometimes fail and lead to ships being doubled in game
- Fixed an issue in Arena Commander causing players to display on the same team.
- Players should no longer be able to equip an extra weapon to the left wing on the Aegis Gladius in the VMA
- Fixed an issue causing the 890j missions to not pay as much as intended
- Fixed another issue causing blank contract available messages to appear on screen
- There should no longer be placeholder text for the paints for the Talon and Talon Shrike in the VMA
- Aegis Hammerhead BIS edition should now be available in game
- Aegis Reclaimer BIS edition should now be available in game
- Fixed an issue causing Arena Commander and Star Marine UI to be offset on widescreen monitors
- Fixed 11 Client crashes
- Fixed 7 Server crashes
- Backend service optimizations
Star Citizen Patch 3.12.0
Alpha Patch 3.12.0 has been released and is now available! Patch should now show: VERSION 3.12.0-LIVE.6705298.
It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\LIVE.
Database Reset: YES
Long Term Persistence: Enabled
Starting aUEC: 20,000
- Space Station Refinery Decks
Dedicated areas in Rest Stops that allow players to sell unrefined minerals, drop off mined materials to be refined, and buy or rent new mining equipment and ships. Kiosks have been placed in the Refining decks that allow players to take their raw mixed ore from their mining ship and refine it. The player can use these kiosks to create multiple refining jobs which are persistent and complete over a period of time, based on quantity and complexity, and create refined ore that is more valuable than unrefined. There are different kinds of refining processes which produce different percentage yields depending on the type of resource being refined. Additionally, different refineries may have different proficiencies. Once one or multiple jobs are completed, the player can collect the refined materials into a ship with cargo capability and sell at a commodity kiosk, with most goods sell-able at major city ports. Now that we have a specific location where refining takes place in the ‘verse, most mineable transactions have been moved there. You can still sell unrefined ore at these locations, or choose to refine them. Levski will also purchase unrefined materials.
- Spacescaping Stanton: Lagrange Point Updates
Updating all extra-planetary Lagrange point locations in the PU with improved visuals and first gas cloud implementation.
- Reputation – T1
This system will introduce the first foundational system of reputation added to the game to track a player’s relationship with various entities, such as important NPCs and Organizations. This reputation is now stored in long term persistence so that it will remain through database wipes and character resets. Currently, reputation levels with an NPC or Organization are only seen through different dialogs or access to higher paying missions. We are working to add functionality to improve player visibility of reputation in a future update. Mission Giver Reputation: All mission givers except Ruto (due to tech requirements for him being a hologram) have been updated to use the new reputation system. Doing missions for a Mission Giver will cause you to gain and lose reputation with them. They should react appropriately, playing different lines of dialogue based on your performance. If you fail too frequently, they will terminate their relationship with you and refuse to work with you missions for a set amount of time. With Alpha 3.12, no new missions have been added specifically for Mission Givers, however, we plan to add new missions in the future now that the reputation framework has been put in place. Bounty and Assassination Missions: Many of the Bounty and Assassination mission chains have been updated to use the new Reputation System. In doing this restructure, Bounty missions were split into being given by 4 Local Bounty Departments, each with their own reputation, all presided over by a parent Bounty Hunters Guild. As you increase your reputation with the Bounty Hunters Guild and its children, you will unlock Certification missions. If you complete the Certification Missions, you will unlock a new tier of higher difficulty, higher payout Bounty Hunter missions. Keep an eye on your wallet when you complete bounty missions and you might notice that some organizations will include a little something extra if you have high reputation with them. This is the first of many “Perks” we intend to include. Assassination missions have all of the above, but there is only one Organization for them at this time: a one-man operation run by someone named Vaughn.
- Weapon Zeroing – T0
This system provides the player with a way to change the zeroing on their weapon sights. This allows shots at further distances without having to alter aim to account for bullet drop. While in ADS, a player can manually or automatically change a the zeroing range on their scope. Aiming down sights will show the current zeroing setting, and if your scope supports it, a distance finder at your crosshair (max distance varies by scope). You can set your weapon zeroing manually or to the distance finder amount by pressing “page up” and reset zeroing to 0m by pressing “page down”.
- Multi-Tool – Tractor Beam Implementation T0
Initial implementation of a Tractor Beam Device that attaches onto a Multi-Tool that allows a player to control an object at a small distance without physical contact. Its primary use is to quickly and remotely move smaller cargo and other physics based objects in gravity and zero-g. If in zero-g, it can also be used as a “grapple hook” by tethering to a large object (asteroids, space stations, ships, etc.) and pulling the player towards it. This includes a tractor beam UI that displays Force and Distance Gauge as well as indications if the tether is close to breaking. Players can rotate a tethered item by holding “R” and moving the mouse cursor. Players can get the new tractor beam attachment and the multi-tool at the new Refinery Decks or in various shops in the PU.
- Ship Entry Identification
This feature adds dynamic AR markers onto a player’s display when in close proximity to your vehicle to aid in entry. These contextually change depending on whether the vehicle is landed or in space to only show valid entry methods. This feature is on by default but has the option to disable in the settings.
- Ship Thruster Wind Volumes
Ship thrusters now create wind volumes when in use that will interact and blow away physics based objects, ships, and players.
Ships and Vehicles
- New Ship: Esperia Talon
- New Ship: Esperia Talon Shrike
Weapons and Items
- New FPS Weapon: Gemini A03 Sniper Rifle
A versatile, semi-auto sniper rifle with the ability to fire quickly at the cost of accuracy. This weapon has an integrated scope and attachment points on the Barrel and Underbarrel. Players can currently buy this in game at Skutters in Grim HEX.
- New FPS Weapon: Behring FS-9 LMG
Behring designed the FS-9 to be an overwhelming battlefield force. This light machine gun features a full auto mode that makes it ideal for laying down covering fire or holding back advancing enemies. The FS-9 is also acclaimed for its ability to maintain accuracy while unleashing sustained fire.
- Stanton System Planetary Improvements
Further improvements to planetary detail and assets which includes a detailed global painting pass with consideration to global climate data and improved cloud layer visuals. We are also refining how object presets are set up, to get a more natural and believable read, as well as introducing some new assets to the biome packs. Updating the remaining geology assets to the organic shader to utilize the latest features. Re-introducing the acidic biome for Hurston and Ariel with PlanetTechv4. Re-introducing the glossy/icy surfaces on Yela and Lyria. We are looking to showcase the above improvements for this release on the planets Hurston & microTech, as well as on the moons Cellin, Daymar, Wala,Yela, and Lyria.
- Elevator Panel Updates
Replacing the existing Utilitarian elevator panel buttons with interactive screens.
- Restricted Area Rework – Area18 / Lorville
Removal of landing splines at Area18 Spaceport and Lorville Spaceport and updating restricted flight areas around the spaceports.
- Added Platinum Bays on the moon, Clio
- Mining UI Refactor
This update adds a brand-new user interface for all mining-capable vehicles, which will provide the player with a clearer overview of what they are currently experiencing, including: Mining Consumables – What you have equipped, their current state and their duration. Cargo – Your cargo pods now show their contents and update in real-time as you extract materials from mineable deposits. Volatile Cargo – The health and estimated time that the cargo will last in your cargo pods before collapsing, and volatile cargo itself is highlighted in the UI so that you can’t miss it when you collect it. Flight UI – The current flight and gimble settings your ship has active are visible at all times. This new interface is built entirely using the new BuildingBlocks system which will allow for quicker development, iteration and testing of new features for the Mining System.
- Rebalance pass on mineables, mining lasers, and mining consumables
Balance changes to aspects of mining due to the introduction of the new Refinery System. These changes will increase the potential for finding valuable materials and make mining more profitable at lower ends while providing more high-end multiplayer opportunities for multi-crew mining ships or the combined power of multiple smaller mining ships. This is an ongoing balancing process that will continue to be tweaked and adjusted. Mineables across the entire game have been tweaked to provide a higher maximum percentage of all materials held within them. Some Mineables now have valuable materials in them where they didn’t previously. Some lower-end valued materials now reduce Resistance of the Mineable, meaning that finding some present in a large, valuable deposit could actually be a benefit rather than a hindrance. Resistance and Instability curve scaling has been eased slightly to prevent huge spikes in difficulty in lower-end Mineables. Mining Lasers have been overhauled to bring them in line with the new Mineables but also balance them out and make them all more viable choices. These include wide sweeping changes to power outputs, instability, resistance, shatter, charge rates, optimal charge window, and overcharge rates. The amount of consumable slots has been increased for most mining lasers. With the rework to both Mineables and Mining Lasers in mind, Consumables needed to be looked at too to prevent them breaking the entire system. Consumables have all been rebalanced and include wide sweeping changes to duration, instability, charge rates, power level changes, optimal charge windows, and resistance. All consumables will now have 5 charges.
- Wheeled vehicle and aiming improvements
Improving wheeled vehicle and aiming gameplay surrounding the Greycat ROC and other ground vehicles. To help get the wheeled vehicle and ship controls closer together, steering control scheme for wheeled vehicles now includes the option to turn on VJoy controls. The Greycat ROC mining arm will now follow the VJoy indication in Manual Gimbal Mode (Press “G” to swap). Added the ability to disable the auto-brake state of vehicles which would always activate if no forward / backwards inputs above 10% were added (Press “V” to turn off auto-braking). Added ability to “freeze” the aim vector in manual gimbal mode (RALT+G) in the Greycat ROC and all other driver/pilot controlled gimbals (the gimbal freeze will reset once the gimbal mode is changed again). Added more inversion settings for wheeled vehicle controls. Allowed non-explicit free look while look ahead is on. Added custom look ahead options for MGVs. Added separation of free look gimbal aiming in wheeled vehicles vs space vehicles. The Greycat ROC mining arm will now recenter before it is retracted and will no longer be completely offset after getting in and out of the vehicle.
- Counter Measures v1.1
With these improvements to countermeasure gameplay, the amount of deployed countermeasures will play more of an important role in the chance of spoofing missiles. Single countermeasures will be less effective, but players will have the ability to choose how many should be fired with each burst. Different missiles will have varying degrees of countermeasure resilience. Flares have been renamed to Decoys and now have different modes to control how multiple launches work including Launch burst (tap H default) or Set and Launch Burst to send out multiple (hold H default). Default Decoy burst size is 1 and can Increase Burst Size (tap Right Alt + H) or Decrease Burst Size (tap Left Alt + H). Countermeasures have also had a sound effects rework.
- Torpedo Attack, Counter-Balance and Behavior
A rebalance of the Size 9 Torpedoes. They are now much deadlier, with only a few direct hits required to bring down larger ships. This extra damage comes at the cost of speed.
- Head Tracking Updates
We have made a few additions, updates, and fixes to head tracking to help increase usability for players. New Features: Added a recalibration button that resets all head tracking devices internally (except TrackIR, but you can set it to the same button if desired). Added support for positional axes for cockpit and most other ship seats in first person. Added rotation and position support for external cameras (clamped to 1m in each dimension). Added separate button to enable/disable head tracking on external cameras (unbound by default). Added head rolling for FPS and ADS (including an option to automatically turn it off). Added a smoothing slider and a “forward” center deadzone for Faceware. Added head tracking option to toggle on or off position offsets in cockpits. Added additional head tracking limits for specific seats and beds. Added support for Tobii head/eye trackers (“Tobii 4C” and “Tobii Eye Tracker 5”) and added options to set them up. General Fixes: Actor head won’t snap from left to right if the head tracking angle is above 180 degrees. All mouse induced head movements will now be suppressed when head tracking is active. Removed the internal offset when the toggle is used (it will be using the internal device offset instead). Reshuffled the menu options for head tracking to make it clearer. Extended the available movement range in seats when headtracking is used. Fixed the auto recalibrate option.
- Smaller Ship Input QOL Improvements
Moved vehicle exit actions to a delayed press (250ms). Added Game Setting option to switch exit seat actions as hold vs immediate press when using a turret / pilot seat. Moved vehicle eject to RALT+Y. Resorted IFCS movement actions. Fixed a couple of problems with smart toggle treatment. Various input quality of life improvements.
- EVA Binding And Control QOL
Added roll inversion. Removed strafe inversion settings from mouse and keyboard. Removed unused pitch actions in EVA action map and code.
- Look Ahead And Target Tracking Changes
We have made a few changes to how this is handled. We separated target tracking out to a “weak” version and a “strong” version. The weak version is now part of the normal look ahead process and does not produce a very strong movement to slightly help keep the target in view but also keep the HUD and other elements from being lost. The strong version is called “Padlock” now and will follow the target as much as possible. Removed binding to enable look ahead target tracking. Removed option to automatically enable look ahead target tracking. Added binding to enable padlock. Added option to automatically enable padlock (off by default).
- Ordnance Replenishing – Updating Pricing of CryAstro vs Shops
We have now hooked up key ordnance on ships (Missiles/Decoy/Noise) in all Cry Astro/Landing service functionality to run through the shop service, allowing for proper pricing differentials between items when restocking your ships. This will also require some re-balancing for our current insurance and item prices. Overall, this is a major step forward towards getting a fully dynamic set of prices for the landing service functionality.
- Updated Constellation series handling and durability
- Temporary re-balance to distortion weapons pending a more extensive update later
- Adjusted all ground turrets to have a higher signature for faster player detection
- Added axis inversions for EVA strafe axes, IFCS relative velocity limited, and IFCS relative acceleration limiter
- Added button to reset velocity limited to SCM speed
- Space brake is now an axis allowing for variable analog braking
- Updated types of ships that UEE Security can spawn
- Added new non directional shield hit communications in the ship computers
- Added SFX ducking when Personal Inner Thought is open
- Added Origin 100 series to ship dealerships in the PU
Ships and Vehicles
- Increased the hydrogen fuel tank size on the Nomad
- Increased the hydrogen fuel tank size on Mercury Star Runner
- Brought Mercury Star Runner hull strength more in line with ships in its class
- Reduced verbosity of some ship computer notifications
- Increased gloss amount on Hammerhead hull
- Increased thrusters and roll speed for the Drake Herald
Weapons and Items
- Balance pass on all LMG FPS weapon damage, recoil, and bullet spread
Major Bug Fixes
- Pitch Ladder should no longer display while sitting in non-pilot seats
- Fixed an issue where decoupled space brake caused the velocity vector to change
- Weapon SFX should now play correctly when vehicle weapons are fired
- Ships landed at New Babbage and Lorville should now be able to be stored
- Fixed an issue that could cause rest stop elevators to duplicate, making them inaccessible
- Nightrunner Star Runner paint should now correctly change the color of the cockpit glass
- Characters hands will no longer turn their flight stick/wheel in the opposite direction to the input being provided
- Fixed an issue that caused weapons to twitch and move on a player when switching to 3rd person camera
- Weather VFX should no longer be seen on visor when the player goes up the amphitheater stairs in New Babbage
- Fixed an issue causing the Animus Missile Launcher to not let players equip a fresh magazine once the currently attached one was used
- Nomad self destruct audio will no longer stop prematurely when self destructing the ship
- Fixed an issue causing windows and glass displays in Lorville to become blurry when the player is very close to them
- Fixed multiple missing building geometry assets while in transit to city gates in Lorville
- Fixed an issue causing rock geometry to visually disappear when player is facing certain directions around Grim HEX
- Fixed several areas around the edges of medium-sized hangars in Grim HEX that were missing breathable atmosphere
- Fixed a section of missing railing in the New Babbage Skybridge
- Ships landed at Platinum Bay landing pads should no longer display their location as UNINITIALIZED on Vehicle waypoint
- Fixed an issue causing some deadzone settings to not save properly
- Increased size of text boxes on commodity kiosks to fix large numbers overlapping
- The Pirate Gladius variant should no longer be missing the Comms Menu on all its MFD Screens
- Fixed an issue that caused liquid to not appear in drinks in the PU
- Players should now see the correct cost when expediting a Nomad insurance claim
- Fixed an issue that was causing players to sometimes be unable to see all or some party member markers
- Players should now be able to access the main screen on the Fine Terminals when clicking onto the “Login As User” button
- Fixed an issue causing Arena Commander and Star Marine matches to not cycle to the next game at the end of a match
- Fixed 7 Client crashes
- Fixed 5 Server crashes